Sunday, October 16, 2011

I am Not Defined By My Migraines, But my Blog Is

I suffer from chronic Migraines. That means I have Migraine pain at least 15 days out of the month. It's actually closer to 30 days out of the month. The term for a Migraine sufferer is Migraineur. However, I won't let that become my identity. I am many other things:

I am a daughter, sister and friend.
I am a child of God.
I am someone who has recently started shaving a couple years off my age.
I am a singer and dancer.
I am a Bethel College alum.
I am a huge sports fan (football, racing and baseball, in that order).
I am a fan of the Cubs, Notre Dame and the Colts.
I am blessed in my family and friends.
I am so happy when I find The Big Bang Theory on tv.
I am a devoted fan of Josh Groban and have been to a concert on each of his tours.
I am two degrees removed from Loretta Lynn (my grandma grew up with her).
I am a cat person.
I am not a dog person.
I prefer rainy days to sunny days.
I will fiercely defend my friends and family.
I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
I am a champion napper.
I am not a champion nighttime sleeper. Maybe I should lay off the naps.
I am happiest when I'm at Prairie Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment