Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Intruder That Did My Laundry

Right now I'm on a med called DHE. It's used to break up a migraine cycle. I give myself a shot of DHE every 8 hours for 3 days with shots of pain meds in between. I always forget the side effects of DHE until I'm on it again. For one, the shots bruise me terribly, worse than any of my pain meds that are shots. Also, the DHE causes me to have super weird dreams. I just woke up from a short nap, and as I was trying to wake up, I became convinced someone had broken in. See, I knew my load in the dryer had already buzzed, but I was sure I heard the dryer running. Clearly someone had started it up again. And every creak was someone walking through the house. So I wondered if I should pretend to be sleeping (which I still sort of was) and hope the intruder left without hurting me, or should I force myself to wake up, grab my phone and keys and make a run for it? I forced myself awake enough to reach for my phone and became aware that the sound I thought was the dryer was the fans running downstairs (we had a minor flood and we're trying to dry out). Wow. What a dream. While the DHE is necessary for pain management, those side effects are something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment